Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday

Well, this was just a stellar week - stellar.  151.6 this morning.  Crap sleep last night, due to work - I was able to go to bed just after midnight, and got up at 3:30 with the damn dog, and 6:00 with the day.  I am not a happy camper.

I do not know what the hell is going on with me.  I feel like the guy in Flowers for Algernon, as the stuff that made his brain work started wearing off.  I'm fighting some bad cravings for carbs right now, swelling up like a balloon, cranky as all get out - if I weren't menopausal, I could tell you exactly what this was.  And maybe next week I'll find that it's exactly something of the sort.

I'm not putting yesterday's eating into LoseIt - I already know it was complete crap.  Here's the list, best I can recall:
  • cheese (2 pieces, breakfast time)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • more cheese (one piece, lunchtime)
  • a frozen "strawberry colada" bar (18.6g carbs, 16.1g sugar)
  • beef jerky, I'm fairly sure
  • gyro meat with tzaziki sauce
  • tea with cream
  • chocolate blueberries (about 20 overall, I think)
  • 7-8 potato chips
  • possibly some more cheese
At this point, I was trying to stay awake, so I wasn't paying much attention to my eating.  And now that I look at it, the frozen thingie (they were wandering the halls at work distributing the damn things - and yes, I could have abstained, and should have), blueberries, and potato chips were really my only bad items, and while high for me, hardly reach "crap-fest" levels.  If nothing else, I guess it demonstrates that, while not eating causes me to gain weight, going to the opposite extreme isn't going to make me lose weight - just thought I'd avoid the definition of insanity there.

I have not had breakfast.  I was too tired to get up in time for that - practically too tired to eat, really.  If that makes this a fast day, fine by me; if not, I'll be having a couple of pieces of cheese at some point today, since if I don't eat them, they may get "cleaned" out of the fridge over the weekend.

FWIW, I have been trying oil-pulling for a couple of days now - not to detoxify myself or anything, I don't actually believe in that, but to see if it's useful for teeth cleaning.  I have to say, what it was good for this morning was speeding up my shower - I didn't want to spit it out in there, so I had to wrap things up quickly in order to spit elsewhere.  This may end up being a 2-day experiment, since Lee's back next week and I don't think I want to try to explain this one.  And after 2 days, I can't really say I see/feel much difference.  Probably takes longer for actual results, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment