Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday

Very slight, baby-steps, progress.  152.2 this morning; I saw 151.2 on Saturday, I think (maybe 151.6), but the swelling kicked back in some overnight and I was up yesterday to 152.6.  I think I ate pretty well all weekend, generally, and am starting to see my ankles again, at least in the early part of the day. 

We pretty much worked our butts off this weekend.  Saturday was the last push of the moving week - hauling the last boxes, breaking down the big furniture, bringing in movers for the really heavy and awkward stuff, things like that.  Add to it that we gave Elizabeth our giant sectional couch and got a new one, and that the new one beat the movers taking away the old one by about 20 seconds, which just added to the merriment.  Once we were back to a single couch-like piece of furniture, I spent probably an hour assembling the backs onto it (the ends recline - sue me) and coaxing it into the approximate place we want it in the living room.  Thing weighs a couple of bloody tons, seriously.  I had to walk it into place because the most I could move it in one step was about 2 inches.  Got that done, then had to move two bookcases and their contents, and the TV stand, so that we could see the latter from the couch - the whole room is reorienting 90 degrees.  I was one tired and achy puppy on Saturday night.  Fish oil and Advil are the bomb, though - on Sunday, I got up, painted woodwork in Elizabeth's former, now empty, bedroom, and then went to her place and helped hang curtains (which was a mixed success - she has vertical blinds already in there, that are not to be removed, and they got in the way of perfect curtain placement.  On the other hand, the curtains should help retain the air conditioning in the apartment - it is a bit leaky in that regard.

I don't actually feel all that awful this morning, nice to say.  A few mild aches and pains along my biceps and outer shins, but otherwise, pretty mobile.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (2 -3 oz somewhere?)
  • naked fajitas - beef with peppers, guac, cheese, sour cream
  • a few bites of black beans and rice (I paid for every bite, too)
  • iced tea
  • about 4 chips with salsa
  • meatza - been wanting to make it, and it was quite good, although messy - pepperoni, mushroom, and green pepper
  • 3 chocolate cherries
  • one square of Lindt 85%

I think that was it.  Probably not ketotic - I'm thinking that I need to hit the meat-and-leaves thing pretty hard this week, remember to add fat, and avoid anything that is overtly carbs.  Should be interesting tomorrow, since our part of work is having a summer picnic thingie in the afternoon.  But certainly doable.

The water is not all gone, by the way - my fingers are still swollen, and my shoes are still tight.  Better, but not wholly fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment