Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday

Well, we end 2011 about 3 pounds lighter than we began it (at least, my January 3rd entry shows a weight of 150.3; today, I saw 147.0).  I can live with that, although I would prefer to be in the 140-145 range just now.  And I probably will be, once the sugar season ends.  I finished the toffee yesterday, thank heaven.  Talk about a siren song!  That stuff practically reached out of the drawer and grabbed me.  But it's gone now, apart from the weight I'm carrying today.

Actually, today feels like inflammation - I woke up aching from head to toe after a night of sleep interrupted by toes cramping up (the old style) and the cat walking on my hair.  I know I was awake shortly after 1 am, with toe cramps that I thought I'd got to subside before falling asleep the first time.  Not so much.  I was able to get back to sleep, but it was pretty low quality stuff, and this morning, my shoulders ache and my fingers are swollen, and I feel fairly crappy.  Took 2 Advil and 2 fish oil with breakfast, and am hoping that will help.  I think a massage is on the books for this weekend.

Here's the day's eating for yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • toffee
  • more toffee
  • chicken breast meat
  • salad with dijon vinaigrette
  • white wine (1-1/2 glasses)
  • Brach's mint thingies (about 5)
  • strawberry ice cream (Haagen-Dasz tiny container's worth)
I should really be grateful to have only gained 0.7 pounds from that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment