Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday

I am ecstatic to say that the dogs have returned to behaving nearly normally - I was able to get them into the backyard single-handedly last night, and they went readily again this morning.  One thing down.  Oh, and one of them ate a gift tag off a present under the tree - a very normal thing around our house, I'm sorry to admit.

Nothing particularly noteworthy yesterday; I succumbed to boredom eating and consumed the last of the fundraising candy yesterday afternoon, and it was very good.  Milk chocolate and almonds always tastes vaguely toffee-like to me.  We went out to eat again, but to a steak place, so the ingredients were more readily identifiable, and as a result, I'm still at 145.3 this morning.   Here's the breakdown:
  • Paleo banana bread
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • chocolate bar (the whole one)
  • almond flour shortbread cookies
  • steak
  • wedge salad with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits
  • iced tea
That was it.  We got back rather late, watched a bit of football (not sure why, but we seem to watch it by choice this year, regardless of who's playing), and crashed for the night.  Slept well (such a blessing!).  And here I am again today, with 8 hours ahead of me, utterly unstructured.  But no chocolate handy, so maybe I will eat a bit better.

Oh!  We checked the brine-fermenting pickles last night, and the brine has clouded up properly, so I think they are working.  I'll taste one on Saturday to see how things are going - and with luck, won't die of it.  Leaving things to sit out and sort of rot on purpose is a bit scary in this day of antisepsis.  But if they worked and taste at all good, they'll be perfect for helping Lee recolonize his gut after his antibiotics run out.  He's been eating probiotic yogurt things, and they seem to be helping a bit, but the pills are intended to win in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment