Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday

I'm getting pretty good at sleeping through hot-flashes.  I'm fairly sure I had at least one last night, and I'm equally sure that it did not wake me up.  My first awareness of being awake at all was at 4:11 am, and I went right back to sleep from there.  A good night.  It probably didn't hurt that it was well below freezing outside; I've always found that the absolute best weather for sleeping.

We ended up eating Chinese last night, although tonight a meat loaf is in the plans.  I had stuff I didn't think would result in weight gain, but I was wrong, a bit.  143.5 this morning.  Here's the day's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • 1/2 of a chocolate bar
  • almonds
  • hot and sour soup
  • beef with broccoli (I think the sauce was cornstarch based)
  • two spoonfuls of rice - probably less than 1/2 cup
  • hot tea
  • cheese
  • walnuts
  • chocolate
We had turkey bacon again this morning, so I'm guessing I'll be struggling with hunger again later today; it's just not very satiating, not nearly as much as bacon.  It is less trouble to cook, though, which is, I think, why we're having it just now.  I think if it continues, I'll have to double up on the heavy cream in my tea or something - maybe have cheese with breakfast, instead of (or in addition to) mid-morning/lunchtime-ish.  Some of yesterday's mid-day eating was sheer boredom, and I'm facing something similar today.  I will have to plan for ways to work around it, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment