Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday

Five day holiday weekend.  So, let's see.  I weighed myself on Sunday morning and was excited to see 144.9.  Unfortunately, I think the scale may have been resting on the base molding again; either that, or I pigged out big time at Christmas dinner (also a possibility), because yesterday morning, it said 149.0.  Twice - I double-checked.  Fasted breakfast more or less, yesterday, had lunch, and had cashews and cheese in lieu of dinner.  148.3 today - a slight improvement.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • Monday supplements
  • cheese (around 10:30 am due to actual hunger)
  • naked "philly cheese steak" burger at Ted's (opted for beef)
  • iced tea
  • a half-sour pickle (we think these are naturally fermented)
  • a few spoonfuls of some really weird coleslaw
  • cashews
  • more cheese
  • lots of hot tea throughout the day
I'm feeling like I'm fending off a cold, sort of - a bit stuffy, some vague things going on at the back of my throat, stuff like that.  Have been doubling down on the Vitamin D for the past few days, and I don't think it will get any worse.  But my throat was on the verge of sore last night, and noshing on cashews, with their salt, seemed to help a bit.

Christmas dinner was ham, cheesy-sauced potatoes, greek salad, ambrosia salad, green beans, a slice of challa (for my sister-in-law's challa, I eat wheat - and it's only once a year), and an ice-cream dessert thing.  Also wine and several glasses of champagne, so the weight makes total sense.  Apart from that, we ate pretty well over the weekend; a few sausage balls (carby, but using gluten-free Bisquick), some corn bread, and a little candy - not much at all, really.  And the weight is already backing off.

I fasted again this morning because Lee is sick (sick to his stomach; possibly food poisoning, possibly a virus of some sort) and was kind of restless last night, so I opted for 15 minutes' more sleep over food.  I think it was the right choice.  I have cheese with me, and we'll probably have taco salads for dinner; everyone (who is eating, anyway) is looking to knock at least a few pounds off.  I might go to the gym tonight, as well - maybe, anyway.  Our boot camp thingie starts in two weeks, and I'd like to be marginally strong to start out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment