Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday

Someone is toasting raisin bread nearby.  One of the SAD foods that I do miss occasionally is toast of any sort, but raisin toast is just piling on a bit.  I had breakfast this morning, so I'm not hungry, but it does smell good.

Back to normal yesterday, mostly.  I did eat all the cheese I brought to work and, well, here's the full scoop:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • Lindt milk chocolate truffles - 3 of them
  • Meatballs with spaghetti sauce and provolone cheese
  • salad with meat and dijon vinaigrette
  • dark chocolate - some with blueberries
  • 2 Brach's mint thingies
I believe that was it.  145.2 this morning, so much of the retained water was shed.  However, I'm still suffering from some level of inflammation this morning, I think - had an abrupt migraine aura (arcs made of sparkly triangles in my left field of vision) after drying my hair.  Took 3 advil and 2 fish oil, and ate breakfast in the dark, and it had mostly gone.  I can feel the headache threatening a bit, but think I caught it in time.  I completely buy into the threshold theory of migraine triggers, and thinking back over my long weekend, I suspect I was piling up quite the stockpile of triggers - stress, lack of/bad sleep, less-than-optimal diet, dehydration.  I'm just glad that I have a very recognizable aura, and that it's very responsive to intervention of some sort.

Had breakfast this morning - eggs-and-bacon.  I brought walnuts with me to work today, rather than cheese, since I think they're a bit less inflammatory.  It sounds as if we are eating Chinese for dinner and going to a movie after, and I'll just have to go easy on the Chinese.  Probably some hot-and-sour soup and the teriyaki beef skewers for dinner, and I'll bring more walnuts or hazel nuts to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment