Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday

Stevia is extremely sweet.  Almost nauseating - no, it IS nauseating in its sweetness.  I made a fat-bomb smoothie yesterday (a batch, actually) and put 3 minuscule scoops of powdered stevia in it - I'm assuming that the scoop is the equivalent of a teaspoon of sugar, or is meant to be.  The half I drank yesterday was ghastly sweet - rather like drinking pure powdered sugar.  I put more berries in the other half this morning, and it was better, but still too sweet. 

Finally tried the pickles I've been brining on the floor of the pantry - and a) they did not kill me, or make me sick, and b) they're pretty darn good!  Salty rather than sour at the moment, tasting of dill and garlic, and with a nice crunch.  And good for me - what more could anyone ask?

Here's yesterday's eating, which led to a weight of 144.4 this morning:
  • fat bomb smoothie
  • cheese at various times throughout the day
  • a smallish portion of potato chips
  • dark chocolate - about 4 pieces
  • Brach's peppermint nougats - about 4 pieces
  • walnuts
  • half-pound burger patty with a great crust on it (just sayin)
  • salad with vinaigrette
I was at 143.9 yesterday morning.  I blame the candy.  No idea what's in a peppermint nougat - I'm sure it's mostly not food - but they taste like Christmas, all by themselves, so I bought a bag.  Trying to keep consumption light - aiming for no more than 3 pieces per day.

I think that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment