Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday

Day one of our Whole30 is over, with the intriguing result that I gained nearly half a pound from it.  Not auspicious (and yes, I did read the instructions and know I'm not supposed to be weighing myself - sue me).  146.2 this morning.

Lee was sick yesterday - some sort of issue with his stomach.  Possibly food poisoning, but not from anything both he and I ate.  He had breakfast, but, apparently, not lunch.  I ate 3 meals, which may have been my issue - hard to say.  Here's the list:
  • scrambled eggs with ham, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes
  • Jimmy Dean natural pork sausage
  • tuna with mayo (real, unfortunately), and dill relish
  • taco salad with grassfed beef, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, and avocado
  • a whole lot of dried coconut
  • tea without cream (hot and iced)
  • the usual supplements
I guess it went well, overall.  Learned a few things of interest:
  • when bringing tuna with mayo and dill relish to work for lunch, make sure the container it is in seals tight (we had a spillage incident, now cleaned up)
  • eating coconut and its MCTs late at night may not be the best idea (I had a difficult time falling asleep, and think it was the excess energy circulating)
  • McCormick's California-style garlic powder with parsley also contains Soybean Oil.  WHY???
Commercial taco seasoning also contains soybean oil, interestingly enough.  I cannot fathom what purpose it serves in a spice blend, but there it is.  Not a set of labels I thought I would have to read closely.

Sleep last night came reluctantly, was apparently solid - I didn't wake up all night, once asleep - but doesn't seem to have been restorative, although I have plenty of energy this morning.  When the radio came on, I was instantly awake, but felt more like I was still awake, rather than as if I were waking up.  Not sure how to describe it, but it was different from normal.  Whole30?  I tend to doubt it, but I could be wrong.

After the lunch fiasco yesterday, I'm back to fasting through it - I'm happier that way anyway, and it's less of a hassle.  Other than that, we're taking it one day at a time.  Making soup in the crock pot for dinner - started before bed last night, and that may also have had something to do with my sleep quality, because we could smell it before the lights were out.  Not sure what we're going to have with it - salad, I guess.  I found a really good recipe for a "zesty Italian" style dressing that I was able to alter slightly to make fully compliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment