Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday - Whole30 day 3

Ow.  I do not know what is going on, but I woke up this morning feeling beat up.  Tired, achy, mildly stuffed up, my ears felt pressurized.  I've heard of the "low carb flu", but I don't think this could be that - for starters, we've been eating low carb for well over a year now.  Maybe I have a physiological need for cheese?  Okay, probably not.  Lee said that he actually slept pretty well last night, which is a good thing.

I guess the Whole30 is going okay.  We consumed an entire batch of beef-vegetable soup last night for dinner, and I followed it up with coconut chips (earlier in the evening this time, so I was sleepy by bedtime).  I don't think we're getting enough fat, because I was quite hungry after that and had to eat some salami (probably a processed food with nitrates, but it had fat and wasn't dairy).

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patty (JD natural)
  • tea
  • the usual supplements
  • hazel nuts (probably 2 Whole30 snacks' worth)
  • beef vegetable soup (with tomatoes, onion, carrots, celery, green beans, beef stock, chicken stock)
  • coconut chips
  • salami (4 slices)
That's it.  I am down a pound from yesterday - 145.2 - which I guess is a good thing, although I feel stalled.  My guess is that the weight is the result of my having re-acquired a sugar addiction; I was downing the chocolate covered items pretty fervently there at the end.  If that's the issue, this should sort it fairly easily.

On my own for dinner tonight, or so I've been told.  Not sure what that will lead to, but I think I will get some more olives from the grocery store, and maybe have a coconut milk-and-strawberries smoothie, at a minimum.  That, and spend some time re-reading the Primal Blueprint cookbook, looking for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment