Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday

Slowly but surely, last weekend is going away.  144.8 this morning, after a night spent trying to avoid leg cramps.  I was successful until 4:30 am, when my right leg insisted that I get out of bed and stand on it NOW!  I complied.  Up to that point, I wasn't deeply asleep much, just because certain movements or positions would trigger enough of a cramping sensation to wake me up a little to shift to another position.  A little rough.

We did another gym night last night and I got a mile and a half in with no problem - the stiffness I'd had on Monday night was gone and I wasn't fighting my own muscles this time.  Definitely an improvement.  I gave serious thought about doing a couple of sprints, just to see, but held off because I would have had to explain to Lee just what in tarnation I was up to - and I didn't have a good explanation.  I did shift into a jog briefly, and found myself running on my forefeet, without really having to think about it.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • naked burger with cheddar and guacamole
  • cole slaw
  • a few french fries
  • iced tea
  • gruyere
  • pork tenderloin with green chile sauce (chiles, chicken stock, heavy cream, pork drippings)
  • salad with homemade no-sugar italian dressing
  • grilled peaches with ice cream
  • walnuts
Wow, that was actually rather a lot of food!  I tried the grilled peach idea from Everyday Paleo, and I think it would have been good if the peaches were a little riper.  It wasn't bad, just not very sweet.

We made our fat bomb smoothies this morning with Thai Kitchen coconut milk, which was so thick, it was practically a solid.  The smoothies were more like Wendy's frosties in texture - a challenge to drink.  But good - I really like that recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment