Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday - Whole30 day 4

I'm thinking that coconut oil and I should keep a wary distance from each other in the evenings.  I was uninspired at dinner time, especially as it was just me, and ended up having a smoothie made of a can of coconut milk, some vanilla, and a bunch of frozen strawberries, along with some walnuts.  The energy surge was helpful in the early evening, allowing me to pre-cook the breakfast sausage and put some of the tomato "crop" in the dehydrator, and review the recipes in the Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Cookbook, and read through the Primal Blueprint fitness e-book, and try out some wall pushups and wall squats from it (surge? - yep!).  I fell asleep okay last night, but ultimately, slept very poorly.  Vivid dreams that kept waking me up, and the return of an old friend - the left leg cramp.  I think I was out of bed with it at least twice last night.

Blecch.

I came very close to reintroducing dairy to my diet on the sly last night - I really wanted some cheese.  But I didn't have any.  I stuck with the plan, as much as possible; I don't think we're doing the vegetables as intended.  Here's the rundown from yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patty
  • the usual supplements
  • black tea
  • hazel nuts
  • coconut milk and strawberry smoothie
  • walnuts
Not a lot of food, and not a lot of reward - and in the end, I'm another half-pound down this morning - 144.6.  So I guess it's "working" for me, in that sense.  I'm not seeing the improved sleep yet, and I'm feeling about the same as I did prior to trying this - no huge improvements in well-being.  On the other hand, I was being pretty darn well from our lacto-paleo/archevore style of eating in the first place, so I wouldn't necessarily expect that.  I will continue to hang in there - and after the recipe review, I've found a number of things that I think we can try, all of which are compliant.  I'll be doing some shopping and cooking to that end over the weekend.

I'm thinking deli chicken and salad for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment