Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday

Four day workweeks are sort of annoying.  The first couple of days are a nice surprise - "Hey! Day two of the week is not Tuesday, it's Wednesday!" - but once that's done, something in my brain says that it should be Friday already, and it's not.

At least we got sleep last night - I woke for the first time at 4:45, which isn't bad.  No neighborhood midnight plumbing, I'm glad to say.  Although we would very much like to know the back story for that little episode, and we probably never will.

145.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • chicken and bacon wrap in a boxty - that's an Irish potato pancake, which I hoped would not have flour in it.  I was wrong.
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • Qdoba naked burrito with shredded beef, rice, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole
  • hazel nuts
  • chocolate almonds and blueberries
The bruise from dropping the water bottle on my foot is slowly dissipating, I'm glad to say, although it's still sore to the touch.  I'm also happy to note that I never had any stiffness at all from the 5K on Monday, except in the muscles of my feet - and I put that down to walking extensively in the Fives, and a good thing.  I've been laying off wearing them this week to let the bruises settle - there's a spot on my right heel that is still reminding me that we had to start out on a gravel road - but will probably bring them along this weekend - we're headed to Santa Fe for a spa/golf visit.  Massage, full-body scrub, hot-oil scalp treatment for me.  Green chile is a must, and then we come back and do the Whole 30 as far as one of us can stand it.  I hope we can stand it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment