Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday - Whole30 day 7

Good weekend, overall.  I got a lot of little "to-do" items done, and we ate pretty well.  Both Lee and I suffered from digestive issues all weekend, though - I hope they're not due to the changes we've recently made in our way of eating.

I was actually down to 143.8 on Saturday morning, but ate a bunch of cashews late that evening, which was a mistake.  Eating cashews - their addictive nature - makes me thing that Guyenet's "food reward" theory may have more in it than originally apparent.  Once I start, I have a very hard time stopping them.  I think I'm adding cashews to my "don't eat" list for the remainder of the Whole30.  144.2 this morning, which is down from yesterday.  And down from Friday - always a nice thing on a weekend.  Here's yesterday's eating, as far as I can recall:
  • scrambled eggs with ham, spinach, and mushrooms
  • bacon
  • strawberries (I'm looking for snacking alternatives, and this is one of them)
  • salami
  • a pecan
  • green olives
  • a glass of wine
  • roast beef
  • mashed sweet potatoes (I used coconut milk to thin them - worked pretty well)
  • sauteed brussels sprouts (dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce)
  • green beans with pimientos
  • salad with my compliant italian dressing
  • iced tea
  • vanilla ice cream with strawberries
I think that was it.  Not a particularly good Whole30 day, but in our defense, we had the family over for dinner and couldn't put them on it, really - and I had them bring salad and dessert.  Could have been worse, and I think we did pretty well.

I did sneak a small amount of cheese over the weekend.  It tasted good.  Tried, especially yesterday, to stay off the nuts; I think they may be part of the problem I'm having with my stomach - too many of them, anyway. 

Saturday, I made a fairly amazing breakfast from the Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy cookbook - an egg "pancake" with sauteed berries.  There are definitely things one can do with eggs beyond scrambling them - and this was a cross between a dutch baby pancake and a souffle.  We will be eating more meals from that one, I predict.

No comments:

Post a Comment