Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday - Whole30 day 8?

I'm thinking not, actually.  I've been eating in a Paleo fashion, probably 80% of the time, for the past year and a half, and have rarely felt as awful as I have this past week.  My sleep got worse, my digestion tanked (more on that later), and I got cranky.  Maybe I haven't given it enough time, maybe we weren't as compliant as we should have been, but, dammit, why keep on with something that doesn't seem to be improving things?  So, while I will continue to abstain from added sugar as much as possible for the next 3 weeks or so, I'm done with skipping the dairy and jumping through hoops to avoid processed foods.

I think I had a virus yesterday.  After spending about a half hour very near the bathroom in the morning, I felt all day like I'd been wrung out.  Got home with two goals: cheese enchiladas with green chile, and bed.  And that's what I did - we went out and got Mexican (Lee ate cheese, but was pretty restrained on the chips), and I went home and crawled into a horizontal position and commenced to bake.  By true bedtime, I was running a 99.3 degree fever, so whatever it was, was real.  Slept like a rock all night (still with the strange dreams, but they didn't wake me until about 10 minutes before the alarm was due to go off), and woke up this morning feeling normal again.

I'm fasting today, in solidarity with Lee, who has a physical this morning.  And to give my stomach the day off - I'm sure it will appreciate it eventually, even if it seems tetchy at the moment (I'm a bit hungry).

143.2 this morning.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • tea (no cream)
  • the usual Monday supplements (including K2)
  • potato chips (I blame the virus - it wanted salt)
  • hazel nuts (just the one handful)
  • chips and salsa
  • cheese enchiladas with green chile
  • iced tea
  • a wad of shredded cheese
Guess I've lost about 4 pounds on my Whole7, which is fine, even if the first bits were water from our weekend in Santa Fe.  I still think it's the sugar, which is why I will keep avoiding it.

Now to figure out how to reintroduce the heavy cream in my tea without it bothering Lee, who is sticking with the no-dairy bit for a while, since he's lost about 5 pounds over the week and would like to see it continue.  Cheese, I can sneak, but cream usually shows up at breakfast, and I don't want him to have to give it to me if he can't have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment