Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday

I generally do not work out.  We have done a bit of gym-trotting over the last two weeks, but nothing whatever strenuous.  This is important.  Because I did the 5K yesterday (scrubby time of not-quite 51 minutes - ugh) and am not in the least sore this morning.  Which is crazy!  Paleo, primal, archevore, low-carb, perfect health, whatever you call it - I LOVE how this way of eating makes me feel. 

I will be 50 on Saturday - and I feel better than I did at 30.  It's just crazy!

145.6 this morning - we didn't eat all that well over the weekend, including movie popcorn on Friday and a lot of snacking.  Yesterday went something like this:
  • fat bomb smoothie for breakfast
  • no tea (bad mistake - I had a nasty headache by mid-day and playing catch up with the caffeine did not work!)
  • the usual supplements plus K2
  • possibly a piece of cheese at some point?  I don't recall
  • naked classic smashburger
  • a few fries
  • tea with cream (much too late)
  • chocolate almonds
  • Cracker Barrel hamburger steak
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • green beans
I think that was it - that was actually a pretty clean day's eating.

I did the 5K in the Fives, and that went generally well.  Two mishaps, though.  I dropped a 1-liter bottle of water on my left foot before the race, trying to avoid being stepped on by my sister's dogs, and I have a nasty bruise as a result, though it didn't cause issues with walking.  And then, I had to negotiate a lumpy gravel road as an early part of the race, and not having done that before, bruised my right heel a bit - still didn't really cause issues with completing the race, although I'm a bit sore there this morning.  All in all, it seems to have been quite successful - and far less prone to blisters or other issues of that sort than I was in more conventional footwear.  And, as I mentioned above, I have no stiffness and am not walking funny.  Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment