Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday

Interesting weekend.  My GPS likes ferry rides, apparently, as she kept trying to get me to use them, regardless of the schedule.  I got to sleep Friday night at around 2 am Saturday, and was back up and busy by about 8:00, I think.  A can of coconut milk kept me alive, although without strawberries mixed in, I wasn't truly keen on the taste.  Taste-schmaste, though; I wanted my MCTs.

Overall, I ate okay.  I'm carrying a goodish bit of water today - I can tell because the tips of my toes feel swollen.  Plane flights tend to make me swell up.  146.2 this morning; could be worse.

Here's what I ate yesterday, as I recall it:
  • tea with cream
  • "taco" omelet - with taco meat, cheese, tomatoes, and onions
  • bacon
  • more tea, but with "creamer" - no ingredients listed on the container, but it did warn that it contained milk
  • fermented pickles (I'm pretty sure)
  • bison burger with cheese, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers
  • fries and ketchup (and I ate every last one of them)
  • iced tea
  • a small handful of chocolate blueberries (which I will stop eating again starting now)
I think that was it.  The omelet and bacon were still holding me fine some 7-8 hours later, and I almost didn't want dinner (note that not wanting it did not stop me from practically licking the plate).  Saturday's food included commercial meatballs in BBQ sauce and grape jelly, olives, deli meat, cheese, veggies and dip, ice cream, steak, shrimp, and a baked potato, roughly.

I think I got close to 8 hours' sleep on Saturday night, and last night, I don't think I moved more than once all night.  Taking a 3-hour flight each way for a one-day visit does take it out of you, but it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment