Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday

Well, we have begun.  Whole30, that is.  I've had no cream in my tea since Sunday, and my two cheese snacks around lunch yesterday were the last of that I'll consume until 30 days have passed, if all goes well.  Some observations:
  • Next time I make Paleo mayo, it's back to the food processor.  The blender did not emulsify at all, and we had to toss it.  Consequently, we made tuna salad with Hellman's - not perfect (soybean oil), but coulda been worse.
  • I hate taking lunch to work.  Said tuna salad leaked all over my briefbag on the way to work, despite the fact that I put it in a lunchsack thingie with a blue-ice.
  • Lee's struggling with stevia, trying to come up with a palatable coffee version.  That may be his breaking point.
  • We found that Jimmy Dean's "natural" pork sausage is almost Whole30 compliant - it has less than 2% sugar, and no nitrate/nitrates - so we got that rather than make our own.  Pretty tasty stuff!
We did eat dinner at Country Buffet last night, but I think I did okay - roast beef, green beans, and broccoli, and a bit of Lee's ham - they gave him too much - with mustard.  I don't think they could have infused much sugar or milk into any of those.

Here's yesterday's eating in total:
  • no breakfast
  • hot tea, no cream
  • the usual supplements, plus K2
  • two cheese snacks
  • roast beef
  • green beans cooked with bacon
  • broccoli
  • ham
  • mustard
  • ice tea
  • walnuts
I'm back at 145.8 this morning, and grateful.  My stomach is not nearly as unhappy this morning as it was yesterday.  Lee said this morning, that he had gained a pound somehow.  It does say in the guidelines that we are to avoid the scale - I'm not sure I could do that, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment