Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday

We were able to move the bedroom back to it's proper place in the house last night - spent from 3:30 to 9:30 doing that or things closely related to it.  I managed to smash a tiny portion of my left thumb with a hammer, so I have a blood blister and bruise on it - found a few other assorted minor injuries this morning in the shower - no memory of getting any of them, but they're new.

We ended up having Mexican last night - cheese enchiladas for me.  It was okay, and provided enough energy to keep going until we had achieved a degree of order in the room, but I woke up with indigestion today, so I have a few regrets on that score.  142.8 this morning - it didn't do much, and my fingers are swollen, so some of that .6 pound gain (is digital technology really that helpful? ) is probably stiffness water from the work we did.

Sleep wasn't so great, after all that wishing to be back in the bedroom.  The dining room had one benefit to sleep - it was extremely dark.  The bedroom - especially with the decorative curtains down, as they are at the moment and will be until I buy new ones - is much lighter.  Also colder, which helped with reducing hot flashes, but the tradeoff was, well, being cold most of the night.  I know, I cannot be satisfied.  The ceiling fan is a huge benefit, though - moving cool air is a wonderful thing at my age.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but our Easter menu is going to be pretty primal:
  • prime rib (ordered from the Honeybaked Ham company, so there may be some un-wished-for ingredients in there) au jus, with horseradish sauce
  • mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese
  • Southern-style green beans, done with onions and bacon in the pressure cooker
  • possibly shrimp Remoulade, if there are any unfrozen shrimp at Costco on Saturday
  • nut-crusted amaretto cheesecake - the same one we had at Christmas
  • flourless chocolate cake with berries - I didn't pay attention the first time I made this, but all the sweetness comes from the chocolate used - it's basically beaten egg whites and chocolate
  • possibly an ambrosia salad - not primal at all, but it is Lee's birthday and he wants one
  • possibly croissants - I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to do these - and if I am, I need to start them tomorrow.  They'll be a 3-day process, indicating some amount of fermentation, so if not Primal, they would probably appease the WAPF folks
Now that the bedroom is off the front burner, I can start getting this stuff ready to go for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment