Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday

If I could type this without my right forefinger, I would; I removed a small area of fingertip with a mandoline slicer yesterday, slicing potatoes for an experiment - Pommes Anna in the crock pot.  I wish I could say it was worth it, but all I managed to prove is that 11 hours on "High" is too long.  So I don't think we'll do that for Easter - probably try an au gratin version in there instead.  It did smell good, though.

I didn't really eat dinner last night - had chips (aagh!) and salsa, cheese, and a little chocolate and nuts instead.  Just the all-snack evening.  Lee's out of town again, so I also am fasting breakfast.  143.0 this morning, lost some of whatever it was I put on over the weekend. 

I got some size 10 pants from LL Bean yesterday in the UPS.  Also some shorts.  I tried on the pants, and they're woefully too small, despite my matching the size 10 measurements on their size chart exactly.  So the pants go back, I think.  The shorts, on the other hand, also size 10, are fine - roomy, even.  Not sure what's going on; it may be the style I went with on the pants.  What's really irritating, though, is that I have the same pants in a 12, and they're tentlike.  So I have no options, except maybe to go with a slightly different style of pants - one like the shorts.  I guess.  Can't sew right now; the sewing room is where my clothes are while we're redoing the master bathroom.  It's just a bit annoying.

My new order of grassfed beef arrives today - I found a local source, Sun Prairie Beef, that has ground beef for less than what we're paying for bison at Costco.  And given that bison is grain finished (at least, I'm fairly sure that the brand we buy is), it will be healthier for us.  So that's pretty exciting.  If this is any good, I'll look into some of their other offerings - steaks and roasts and what not.  I feel like we could get some significant health benefits from switching to grassfed - that, and trying harder to get away from the franken-oils; we still get a fair amount of that stuff through processed food (like chips) and at restaurants.  So worth the effort, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment