Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday

Leg cramps again last night - one that had me out of bed around 5 am, I think.  I'm not sure why; yesterday's eating included some strawberries mid-day and a dinner of steak medallions with gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, and wine.  There should have been enough carbs there to head anything off.  And I did as planned and took my magnesium citrate at bedtime (no un-wished-for side effects so far, but it didn't much help with sleep, either). 

We're going wine tasting at the art museum tonight, which should be interesting.  I don't know if it will be in the new part with the slanty walls or not - a bunch of slightly tipsy folks in eccentric architecture might make the newspapers, really.  Dinner out beforehand - I don't know what, yet.  A nice night to get out and wear some of the skinny clothes, for me, anyway.

I was down to 141.8 again this morning, so we are apparently eating for weight loss just now.  Lee is below 200 again and happy with that.  Elizabeth has had my sister (the one on statins) at her place for the past couple of days; I hope, but don't know, that she ate okay.  It's greek week there anyway, which isn't conducive to good nutrition, I believe.

One week and a bit until Easter.  It looks like we will be hosting dinner without too much trouble - we're having prime rib, mashed potatoes, southern-style green beans, salad of some sort (I'm trying to hold the line against an Ambrosia but think I will lose that battle), and a choice of amaretto cheesecake (nut crust) or flourless chocolate cake for dessert.  Not pure Paleo/primal/archevoral/whatever, but pretty close - I don't feel like we're violating our principles with anything.  On the other hand, my Easter tradition in previous years was to make croissants using the recipe in French Women Don't Get Fat - they are pretty darn good.  It's a 3-day process with a lot of rising, so I think fermentation occurs.  I could serve them with that caveat, or I could skip them this year.  This is still a matter of debate.

I'll probably make them.  I enjoy baking, so I've kind of missed working with dough this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment