Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday

I finally got to sample the Easter dinner desserts last night - actually, in full disclosure, they're basically what I had for dinner last night.  A few pieces of cheese to tide me over, and a slice each of amaretto cheesecake with a nut crust (which came out pretty much perfect this time, after cooking it in a water bath for 55 minutes and letting it cool in the slowly cooling oven for an hour), and flourless chocolate cake with strawberry sauce on it.  They both came out really well, and I suspect that I will be having dessert most nights this week.  Although I do hope to eat something a bit more dinner-like the rest of the evenings.

I had some pieces of aged Gouda for breakfast this morning, rather than anything requiring cooking.  Lee's away for what I'm guessing is the week - it would be least-impactive to his work to drive back from Phoenix on Friday/Saturday rather than before that.  So I may end up doing my version of IF this week - in my case, the I stands for Inadvertent, since it's very hard to get breakfast made when it's just me unless I get up 15 minutes earlier than usual, and I don't really want to do that.

Sleep has re-entered the picture for me, thank goodness.  Very nice to be back in a cold room with a fan, even if it isn't as dark as the dining room was.  Now that I have an appointment to discuss hormone replacement, the hot flashes have disappeared; at least, I cannot recall having even one in the past 30-36 hours.  Well, I'll go in and talk, and maybe do a blood test to see if I've hit complete menopause, or if this is just some bizarre hiatus.  Fine by me if that was it.

143.8 this morning - lost a pound of the weekend weight, even after my all-dessert meal (although between the two, I had the equivalent of 1/3 of a chocolate bar and maybe 1/10 cup of sugar (slightly over 1-1/2 tablespoons?) and a tiny bit of cornstarch - everything else was eggs, cheese, nuts, or flavoring.  Oh, and some strawberry juice.  So that probably wasn't exactly a ginormous carb load for the day.  It's so crazy, after a year of eating like this, how my perceptions of a big-nasty cheat have changed.  I'm good with that, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment