Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday

Lesson learned.  After a fast day, (mostly; I did have chips and trail mix mid-day), it is unwise to do anything really painful.  Had to change a band-aid on my finger and it had stuck to the wound.  I managed it, but nearly passed out - grabbed chocolate almonds and cheese, and eventually a hunk of solid sugar before I felt better.  I don't know if there is a Paleo way to deal with something like that, other than biting a bullet while doing it, maybe.  Or a shot of whisky (I have a bunch too - would have been a good reason to dig in!) The sugar did help.  So, it's not for eating daily, but can be medicinal, I guess.

Apart from that eating and the mid-day snacks, I had a bunch of leftover pork roast yesterday, and some cashews.  I think that was it.  Back to 142.4 again this morning.  Lee was out of town until around 7 last night and apparently ate well - said he had fasciculation (bubbling) in his calves overnight - just shy of cramps.  We'll keep with the straight and narrow and get him down below 200 again soon, I think.

Breakfast this morning was eggs and real bacon.  I have a bunch of cut-up strawberries to eat throughout the day - bought a big box of them at Costco over the weekend, and they're very sweet, so I don't want them to go to waste.  Don't know what we'll do for dinner.  Wish I'd left one of the pounds of our new grassfed ground beef out to thaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment