Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday

Apparently, my body wanted those fries.

We ate at Chili's last night, owing to an urgent need to do some shopping for the bathroom (progress is being made at last!) and for the impending visitors this coming weekend.  We both had naked bacon cheeseburgers and fries - and I ate every last french fry.  They tasted amazing, but I figured I would be paying for them this morning. 

Not so.  The scale - on two attempts - reads 142.2.  I'm cool with that.  Only two meals yesterday, and no snacks, so maybe there were other things going on.  Which isn't to say I won't pay in some other way - I have a touch of indigestion this morning that could certainly be associated with french fry consumption.

Barring any nasty things today, we will be able to resume sleeping in our bedroom tonight.  The carpet arrives this morning, sometime in the next 3 hours.  I anticipate a busy evening - will need to eat well at dinner tonight, with lots of heart-healthy saturated fat for energy and stamina, as we get the closet rebuilt and filled, move the bed (nearly impossible, by the way) and clear out the guest room.  I don't expect it will actually help my sleep, this move, but it will be nice to get back to semi-normal.

I have an appointment on Monday with a physician to discuss hormones.  I certainly hope they work, so I can get the sleep debt paid off.  A dependency on "PM" is not in my plans for old age, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment