Thursday, April 21, 2011

Th-brrs-day

It's blizzarding in the mountains, and rain was starting as I walked from where I park my car to where I work.  What month is it again?  Feels like late February, if you ask me.  But we need the moisture.  Yeah, I know - we do.  I'm just a bit chilled at the moment, and with a body thermostat that is stuck on "the wrong temperature", that's not pleasant.  Springtime in the Rockies, I believe they call it.

Better sleep last night - nothing like exhaustion to prompt really good sleep.  We got to use the bathroom starting yesterday evening, which was very nice - I'm much less likely to lay in bed freezing if I can make a quick trip - as opposed to the trek to the other end of the house - to the facilities.

Dinner yesterday was at Tokyo Joe's - ugh.  I'd been once and hadn't particularly cared for it, and Lee wanted to go, so I figured I'd give it another chance.  I had a steak bowl with yakitori sauce.  Steak was overcooked, tough, and stringy, the mushrooms I'd asked for with it were uncooked, by and large, and the sauce was over-sweet.  Okay, I was right the first time.  I don't like it.  It provided enough energy to get much of the rest of the house straightened out, though, and that was what we needed.  A bit of cheese and one of the Godiva mint-chocolate thingies, and that was it for the night.  Apart from that, breakfast was scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and the bison "sausage" patties from the new Mark Sisson cookbook - pretty good, although I'm going to experiment with the spices for our next go round, and we did make ours with grass-finished beef instead of bison (it's half the price these days).  I also had some potato chips late in the afternoon after a particularly stressful day - I had to go chasing after plumbing parts at lunchtime, so that we'd have working sinks.  Totally worth it, but stressful.

142.4 this morning.  With the kids coming in for the weekend, I figure Easter Dinner may be my only home-cooked evening meal for the next few days; will just have to tread carefully at the various restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment