Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday

Which follows Sunday, every seven days, like clockwork.  We had a reasonably good weekend, tempered by the fact that we are still sleeping in the dining room and the bathroom is not yet grouted, and seems like it never will be, unless we do it.  Fun with contractors.

I think that led to some stress weight for me - either from stress eating or from general cortisol activity.  I was at 141.6 on Saturday morning, 143.0 both yesterday and today.  I fought mightily not to go for a straight sugar buzz last night - and won, I might add.  Cheese saved me.  And Solitaire on the iPad - it's addictive enough that it kept me from getting up in search of candy.

As for the menopause and the hot flashes - I'm giving up.  Officially.  Calling the doctor today to ask about hormones.  Nothing is helping, except Advil PM - and I refuse to take that every night.  While I don't feel as ill as I did a few weeks ago, the damn hot flashes are more frequent and soggier than ever right now, and with life so catty-whampus because of the remodel, I'm at a breaking point.  So as soon as the doctor has had time to get the office open and the backlog of messages cleared, I'm calling.  I doubt they'll prescribe them without an appointment, which is a bummer, but hopefully I can get control over this in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment