Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday

Ever so slowly, I'm paying off my sleep deficit; the latest herbs from the acupuncturist seem to be a slow-acting Kryptonite to my new super-power of random heat production.  At least, whatever else they're doing, they're removing the feeling of malaise that accompanied each flash.  I'll take it.

Last weekend, I swiped the Magnesium Citrate we had got for Elizabeth a short while back; she wasn't using it, and I'd heard it was very good at inducing a drowsy state if taken before bedtime.  And it is.  Unfortunately for Elizabeth, it was also very good at it's more traditional use (laxative), which is why she didn't fight me over my theft.  I am finding this morning that it is indeed very good at both functions, so I may have to find a way to take less of it, or take it less frequently.  I don't want to induce any sort of dependency.

We ate well yesterday, I think - eggs and bacon (turkey, not so great), and sausage for breakfast, no lunch for me, but a small snack of berries and cream, and at dinner time, some cheese and cashews followed by the asiago ribeye at Applebee's, with the potatoes and mixed veg.  And a few walnuts to finish the evening with.  Oh - and a Godiva Gem in a mint-chocolate-chip flavor.  We found them at Target and figured that eaten one at a time, over a week or more, they wouldn't kill us.  And they are damn tasty. 

I lost a good bit of the weight overnight - down to 143.2 this morning, which is better.  I know a lot of it was water associated with the muscle stiffness from painting.  Which we will be doing more of, over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment