Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pastured meat coming soon

I finally bit the bullet and ordered some grass-finished beef from a company in Missouri that had prices that didn't make me wince - well, much.  The barrier to doing it earlier was that all orders had to be at least $75, and that seemed like a high entry point to sample something - what if we don't like the flavor?  Anyway, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow, so we'll have an opportunity to test it out and see what we think - at least we'll be making an informed decision to go forward or not.  We like bison, and I'd thought it was all pastured, until I saw bison eating corn in a feedlot last year - I honestly didn't think they were domesticated enough for that, but I was wrong.  Anyway, I hope we like it, because the health benefits are akin to eating fish, which I don't like all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment