Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15th

Wow - middle of the month already; October is going fast.  I ate 3 meals yesterday - unusual for a weekday, but after a meeting at 11:00 with people who seemed to think it would be a good idea to scatter Halloween chocolate over the meeting table, I needed something.  I did not eat the chocolate, but I'm wondering if being in its presence and smelling it may have triggered an insulin release, because I walked out hungry.  Anyway, I ran to the local burger place and had a naked burger with guacamole, bacon, and swiss cheese, and a bit of coleslaw.  And then had dinner at Red Lobster, including salad with blue cheese dressing, a whole (double) chicken breast with "Mediterranean" sauce on it (olive oil, italian herbs, tomatoes, shrimp), and some broccoli.  I didn't need to snack last night, making me think that we need to buff up our dinners a bit. 

I also lifted some weights and did some crunches and lower-ab things; not sore (much) yet, but probably will be by day's end.  I'm trying to do super-slow lifts and slow crunches/ab work to exhaustion at least once a week, to start building some strength and add a bit more muscle definition.  Probably when Lee goes to Phoenix next month, I'll start doing a gym night (Mondays?), so I can work on my legs, which definitely need some strength work.

After a couple of weeks on Vitamin K2, I think I see some changes in my skin - it's not as rough and bumpy as it used to be on my forearms, and my hands look younger - to me, at least.  We're taking those once a week on Mondays, now.

Weight's at 151.4 this morning - not too surprising, I think.  My stomach's a bit upset at something - not sure what it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment