Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 13th

The fast yesterday went a bit weird - I got hungry out of boredom around 2:30, and took my last dollar (the last one I had on me, anyway) down to the machine for some peanuts.  Only there weren't any - they were out.  So I got trail mix instead, and had a giant bolus of sugar, what with the raisins and faux M&Ms and all.  It wasn't very good, but it made the hunger go away. 

Dinner was a cheeseburger on the grill - I left the cheese on for 2+ minutes with the lid closed, and the drippy bits caught on fire, a little.  The top was all bubbly, and it was basically perfect.  But not enough food.  So I had some more cheese, and some chocolate (for the record, Godiva 85% cacao is nastier than Lindt, and has more sugar in it - not sure how they pulled that off, because the nastiness is not due to being sweeter), and some dried strawberries - the last of them.  I should probably make more before there aren't strawberries handy.  I just had the munchies a good part of the evening.

Anyway, the fast day triggered a mild leg night - one episode of stumbling out of bed to step on my left foot, which very nearly didn't wake me up at all.  And a minor loss - back to 151.0 this morning.  Had breakfast today - back to the regular routine now that Lee's home for a while.

Some observations from Seattle: the people there are immense.  Not just fat, although they make me look like a concentration camp survivor by contrast; they're tall and just big.  I remember reading that height increases generation over generation may also be the result of overfeeding - a similar mechanism to obesity, but operating when the growth hormone is in full sway.  I don't know if that's the case, but the northwesterners certainly appear to be operating in a land of plenty.  So maybe I take back what I've said about Colorado, because we don't even compare to the Washingtonians.  Bottom line?  America is fat all over, and much of it is morbidly obese.  I am so glad I managed to stumble onto this way of eating in time to do something about it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment