Thursday, October 28, 2010

Okay, what did I eat?

A couple of things to note:

First, I am bloody sick and tired of the leg cramps, so I did some reading today.  Near as I can tell, it is a potassium thing, and - thank heaven - there are foods other than bananas that are high in potassium, so I am going to eat more of them.  Mostly veg.  Avocados, tomatoes, potatoes (with skin, not sure that's a good paleo thing to eat), etc.  I think if I add a V8 to my breakfast and buy some insta-guac and seal it in the vacuum thingie between helpings, that will probably substitute for a banana (aka sugar-fest).  Worth a shot, and it may be that those periods when I wasn't cramping as much had an increase in potassium-laden stuff that I just did not notice. 

Second, I am feeling hollow and shaky right now, and my digestion is not all that I would like it to be (nuff said on that).  At dinner last night, I had salad with some taco-meat-like stuff and chicken/pepper/onion fajita stuff on it, along with pico de gallo of some sort, and sour cream and guac.  Breakfast was just turkey bacon - nothing to see there, folks, move along.  Lunch was a burger patty smothered in green chile and cheese.  Shortly after lunch, I started feeling a bit off, and that's how I would characterize it at the moment, too.  So, based on the list above, either the chicken, salad greens, or fixings had been out too long (food borne illness), or the taco meat stuff last night and/or the green chile had flour in it and the flour is causing the issue.  Since I'm only a bit off - not a lot - I suspect flour.  But I don't really know, and probably won't.  Interesting, though.

Also, I lost 5.2 pounds last week - that's the most in a week since I started this in April.  Don't think it counts, though, since I can identify about 4 of the pounds as water.

No comments:

Post a Comment