Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12th

Mild gain after a weekend away - up to 151.8 again (wasn't I there at the beginning of last week?).  I think I ate pretty well - may be going overboard on the saturated fat, though, so I'm going to back off in that area a bit - only do cream tea in the morning and eat less cheese and bacon.  No reason for thinking that, by the way, but I'm trying to be balanced as a general rule.

No leg symptoms of late, which would indicate to me that maybe I'm not in hard ketosis these days.  Some, though - I can taste it in my saliva when I am.  I like being keto-adapted - it makes life so much easier to deal with when I know I won't be a slave to blood glucose levels!  Very helpful yesterday, for example: when I woke up (6:00 ish), I was starving, but not glucose-starving.  We never did get "breakfast", but ate lunch at the airport, around 11:30 am (in my home timezone, anyway).  Then, I didn't have any more food (only a venti tea at Starbucks with half-and-half in it) until after 9 pm.  Granted, at that point I had a lot of cheese, some walnuts, some cashews, and some chocolate, but if I hadn't felt all "snack-y", I would have been fine going all night.

I'm IFing this morning because I didn't want to get up early enough to cook anything.  Definitely got to figure that one out for the long stretch cooking for only me, because I can't do 3 solid weeks only eating dinner.  At least, I don't really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment