Thursday, October 28, 2010

October 28th

Ugh.  Just ugh.  I spoke too soon about the leg cramps; they came back last night, blood in their eye (I'm sure something that vicious has only one eye), and had me out of bed so many times that I lost count.  Granted, I did not take vitamins yesterday morning, since we breakfasted at IHOP, and I'm sure that contributed, but wow.  So I'm very very tired this morning.  Also thinner - weight was down to 147.8, which would boggle my mind if I could collect enough neurons to construct one this morning.  I had to take my wedding ring off to type this as it keeps falling off.  Yet another thing I have to get adjusted or replaced as I return to the old me.

I only had 3 pieces of turkey bacon this morning, which will not be enough to make it through lunch, so I'm not going to try.  I'll go to the local joint and get a naked steakburger.

I'm thinking I might be able to get a few more miles out of my too-big chinos (blue and brown, the ones I haven't replaced yet) if I shorten them an inch or so.  They get most of their bagginess from the fact that, without all that hip to fill them out, they're now too long.  Worth a shot, anyway - and they can't look much worse than they do now.

I also ran across a "before" picture that says it all for me - we were at a party in one of the Rockies suites, and I'm standing below a framed jersey, in my old khaki skirt.  I can't quite place the date on it, but it was over a year ago, so before I hit my all-time high weight in April.  The skirt was too small for my gut, which was bulging out - I looked gruesome (was going to say pregnant, and it was certainly of that magnitude, but it didn't convey pregnant at all; it was just gross).  Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment