Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27th

Not much to report, actually.  149.0 this morning, probably due to the very salty almonds I ate mid-day because I was hungry.  I'd be better off hiking next door for a naked burger of some sort, but it's getting cold out and I just don't wanna.  No leg cramps for the past few days, but I no longer see that as some sort of sign of being adapted to low carb; they'll be back.  Or not; either way, I'm not changing anything.

Slept like a rock last night - that's one thing about this way of eating that I'm grateful for; I went so long without being able to sleep soundly, and now I can.  It doesn't happen every night, but it's starting to be the norm.  Take Saturday night, for example.  I remember laying down around 9 pm, and I had a brief interlude of awake-ness (I've read a bit about "second sleep", and I think this is part of that mechanism) at 4 am, and the next thing I saw was 7:30 am.  It's probably been since high school or college that I've slept like that.  And last night, I turned the light out at 10 and was gone fully until around 5:20, just before the alarm went off.  Lovely!

The energy levels when I am awake are another bonus.  Got home last night, did some sewing, then stopped for an hour to watch NCIS.  But I couldn't just sit there, so I crocheted on an afghan I have in progress.  And when it was over, I went back and sewed for another hour - I had to; I couldn't not do something.  Used to be, we'd get home at night, get into the sweats, lump ourselves into the living room, and stare dully at the electronic furniture until bedtime, with no energy or even interest in moving.  No more.  And I'm just so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment