Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday

Yowza. Got a better night's sleep last night than I've had in a while; still, woke up at 4 am on the tail of a nightmare involving a ghost that wouldn't be exorcised. Hope the new house isn't haunted (if that's what it's about, that is). Eating yesterday was less than stellar, involving a trip to McDonald's for lunch. However, 156.6 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • some supplements (D3, K, Magnesium, Potassium)
  • almonds
  • double quarter pounder with cheese, no bun
  • fries
  • a glass of red wine
  • green chile cheese enchiladas
  • black bean salad (had corn and bell peppers and onion in it, not sure what else
  • 5 chocolate almonds
  • small amount of vanilla ice cream
A shorter list than the day before, when I (theoretically) didn't eat. 

I took more electrolytes (Mg and K) at bedtime, and had only one cramp, and that one just as I was falling asleep. It didn't interfere, much. Thank goodness, it's been cool here since I got back, which has helped a lot with the sleeping.

I read something the other day - probably Mark's Daily Apple or Robb Wolf - about a theory that stress levels can be decreased by perceiving a situation as "normal", more or less. I tried that on the way home last night, in traffic. It may have worked - I don't know how high my stress levels were beforehand. I will keep doing it, though, since it's cost-free and might help. I was unable to overcome the stress from Lee's wanting me to be his travel agent, though. That always irritates me - being his safety net when he forgets to do things. Talk about "normal". It may be irritating, but it's very "normal" chez nous.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment