Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday

Easy come easy go - or vice versa in this case, I guess. 159.2 this morning. Water? probably some of it. My stomach's been upset for the past couple of days as well; could be that, at least a bit. And other reasons - see below.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • almonds - no more than 25, I'd say
  • a bag of Skittles (stress is the mind-killer, obviously)
  • 2 bags of Kirkland trail mix (because the Skittles caused a bad case of reactive hypoglycemia)
  • about 1/2 pound ground beef (hamburger patties)
  • a small sliced tomato
  • a few Southern-style green beans
  • a couple of dark-chocolate coconut almonds
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • more tea with cream
I will be so very glad not to be under all this stress. The night before, I'd gone on a cashew-bender, which added the pound and some that showed up yesterday. Life is still swirling dangerously around our feet, and may be for another month or more. The target destination for our pending move (after all, we have to go somewhere; the house is sold and we can't stay here) has changed. And it could change again, seriously. Not my favorite way to live, this whole limbo thing.

Lee's off for a golf tournament out of town all weekend; I probably shouldn't predict that I'll be eating a lot of salads in his absence (because that never seems to play out), but the lettuce is flourishing in the garden, and I really ought to. So I will try. I think I'll cook up another freezer package of chicken tonight and cut it up for salads, get some fruit to throw in, maybe an avocado. Sounds good at the moment. Unfortunately, what sounds good at dinner time may be some sort of pre-fab crap food substitute thing. I hope not, though. I have a lot of puttering lined up for the weekend - touch-up painting, packing stuff, etc - that I hope will keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment