Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday

Another good night's sleep. Have I got it figured out? I so hope so. Fell asleep shortly after 9, woke briefly at 10, and then out cold until 5. My shoulders (both now) are stiff, but didn't bother me until this morning after I woke up. Maybe I'm just effing exhausted, and am sleeping to try to make that go away - I don't know.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • hot lemon water with gelatin
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon (3)
  • almonds (about 15, I think)
  • burger with blue cheese and some sort of semi-sweet sauce (not much of it), no bun, with pickle slices
  • cottage cheese
  • individual serving Haagen-Dasz strawberry
  • more tea with cream
I would like to note that they served free frozen yogurt at work yesterday afternoon. I was hungryish - more like craving cheese - but decided that, since I don't eat frozen yogurt, I wouldn't go investigate it. And I didn't. I had a couple more almonds for the actual hunger, and called it good. It wasn't even much of a strain on my part to resist - it sounded like it would be painfully sweet, and that's not what I was wanting at the time. Felt a lot like the first go-round - for a change! Note, however, that I had ice cream last night at home - not nearly as sweet, and I know what is in it. I saw a ketone reading between Trace and Small again last night. 
 
157.2 again this morning, so maybe it was real. My left ankle is swollen up this morning as well, so maybe it's actually lower than that. Didn't do much last night, truly - did a bit of shopping after dinner and came home and slumped again. Lee did all the painting I'd been meaning to do - maybe a good idea, because he was waiting for a phone call that did not come. Does that mean we aren't moving? Probably not - and we may still be going for the job associated with that phone call. All it means that the stress associated with that issue has not gone away. But I seem to be handling it better.
 
Weekend starts tonight. For a week after a long-weekend vacation, this has been surprisingly normal. I think we have a trip to the movies, painting interior doors, and Mother's Day dinner for my Mom this weekend. Fortunately, the shift to stricter eating has started to feel normal, so I hope not to backslide either today or this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment