Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday

Worked our butts off all weekend, ate whatever made sense at the time (i.e., more carbs than usual). Whatever. 161.2, much of it swelling joints from all the painting and ladder-climbing and so-forth. If I stress over my weight right now, I think that'll be the last straw, and the camel will go down hard.

That said, the house is thinned-out, we have an accumulation of boxed stuff starting in a storage place, we managed to get enough painting done yesterday to make the place look presentable on the outside, and the realtor is coming to take pictures today - theoretically, anyway. It's raining, so maybe they won't be pretty enough. Problem is, it's supposed to rain all week. Anyway, as far as we are concerned, he can put the sign up and make the listing active this morning. We've done all we can do in a short timeframe (we'll obviously continue packing our stuff as time passes).

Sleep was mostly pretty good. I'm pretty achy, but a combination of aspirin and fish oil have been making it bearable enough to stay asleep. Friday night I passed out before 9, and then woke at 4 - and got up. I was just awake (stressing details of the move, for sure). Saturday and Sunday nights were more normal - in fact, I think the sun woke me up yesterday, which is kind of cool. I woke at 4 this morning but was able to go back to sleep at least for a while.

At this point, I think I'm in "best attempt" mode - maybe 80-20 or something. Too much else going on. This week, we have likely some house-showings, our niece's graduation, an appointment with the dog's eye doc, and I have to make 4 dozen cupcakes for the graduation party - something I had completely forgotten being ordered to do by my sister some weeks ago, until my mom called to remind me. We had to buy vegetable oil in order to do this horrid thing. By rights, I should buy some flour to mix in for altitude, but I'm not going to. There are limits. Needless to say, our presence at the party on Saturday (conflicting with church, by the way) will not involve my eating any of the cupcakes. Oh, and I have the Bolder Boulder on Monday - if it's sunny. I'm not going to go if it's raining, even if it's my last ever chance to do it. Sorry. Just not gonna. And a week after that, we start leaving for the cruise - Lee and my folks early in that week, me and my sister's family on the Friday. Yikes.

Anyway, while we're over the hump of getting the house ready to show, it's not the last hump. On the bright side, I probably won't have a lot of pure snacking time in my future. And I'll probably get pretty good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment