Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday

Weird weekend.  Grotty weather, so we did pretty much nothing - my accomplishments are that I cleaned out the medicine cupboard of old expired stuff, and reorganized a couple of shelves in my closet, donating clothes I haven't worn in a while.  Bleah. Ate crap, mostly. So 156.4 is mildly mysterious - I was expecting worse - but more or less in line with my behavior.

Here's yesterday, best I can recall:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • cheese (lots of it throughout the day)
  • chocolate blueberries
  • chocolate almonds (lots of both)
  • peanuts
  • meatloaf
  • cauliflower "mock and cheese" (I just made that up!)
Probably other crap, but I don't remember what
It was a very carby day, and I know why - hot flashes returning means my hormones are scrogged, and that seems to be where I turn in that scenario. I have read enough about the dangers of L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP supplements to be wary of taking any more, so that's out.

I bought some blueberry kefir for Lee, hoping the L. Plantarum would help his chest cold/flu, and he likes it and has been drinking it, but not to any obvious effect. I have a bottle of strawberry kefir at work that I'll finish, but it's extremely carby (25g per cup), so I probably will go back to sauerkraut for my gut bugs once it's done.

Sleep continues to be a bit of a joke - Lee's still coughing a bunch, and I can get to sleep in order to wake up about the time he decides to go out into the living room for the rest of the night, upon which I proceed to spend the rest of my sleeping hours being alternatively too hot and too cold. I took an Advil PM last night hoping it would help - and I guess it did, sort of - but I didn't get Advil-PM-quality sleep out of it. 

Doldrums, I'd call it. We just have to slog on and try not to kill each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment