Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday

154.8 this morning, a rather nice surprise. I did walk yesterday, both once round the building at lunch and then something over a mile at the gym. Usually, exercise swells me up, but not last night, apparently.

Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs with ham and cheese
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (3 pieces)
  • a small can of V8
  • macadamias - one handful
  • chips and salsa (but we left chips in the bowl)
  • steak with green chile
  • about 2 forkfuls of refried beans
  • about 2 forkfuls of rice
  • 1/4 cup (ish) of guacamole
  • about 8 chocolate blueberries
  • handful of cashews
  • 1 tsp honey
I think that was it. We ate out at a mexican place for dinner, so the longish list is an attempt to describe their carne asada dinner - thin steak, fajita style with the usual extras and green chile. I got solid sleep last night - didn't wake up until 5, which is pretty awesome. Yesterday, after the Advil-PM, it took until around 2:30-3ish before I woke up enough to be functional - and that was in the middle of some meetings I was actually running. Not so great.

I set up a session on the NikePlus thing to track the first mile of walking, as usual. What I notice is that over time, the same distance is earning fewer points - because it's taking less time. And yet, I'm doing it with my racewalk playlist, which has graduated pace increases from song to song, and if I'm walking in rhythm, you'd think the times would be nearly identical - or at least oscillating over some average time. But they're not. Maybe I'm increasing stride length or something. After I stopped the session (12 laps), I did another 3-4 laps, some at the playlist pace, and some at a warm-down pace. Felt pretty good, even the fast bits.

Apropos the sleep, I opted to read last night over watching TV, although the TV was on in the room. I was reading on iBooks, which I have set to display pages in pale sepia - I don't know if that's enough to kill the blue light or not. It did take me a little while to get to sleep, but nothing really out of the ordinary. Thought I'd make a note of it, because we watched TV the night before, when even the Advil PM failed to get me rested overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment