Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday

Reporting the good, the bad, and the ugly. 156.6 this morning. Our vow to eat nothing but meat and leaves on getting back from New Orleans went bust, obviously. So steak and salad for dinner tonight. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements (fish oil, C, D3, K, Potassium, Magnesium, Biotin)
  • macadamia nuts
  • ham
  • twice baked potato with extra butter
  • chocolate blueberries (8-10)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • cheese, I think - actually, rather a lot
I was hungry when I got home yesterday, so had cheese before dinner and after. I look at a list like this one and think that it's not all that bad compared with the SAD, but it's not working properly for me. Read a blog yesterday with articles from a for-real carnivore - good health on nothing but fatty cuts of meat for 4 years. I don't think I can do that. And I know my family won't. But for me, the starch and sugar need to go, and I need to ratchet down the cheese consumption - maybe set a max of 2 pieces per day (call it 2 oz).

I got another walk in at lunch yesterday - 3 laps of the building. It's not much, but it's movement, and I'm trying hard to take the stairs again.

Reasonably decent sleep from 9:something to 3:30 last night - not perfect, but I realized this morning that my window was closed tight on a not-very-cold night and the space heater was on to boot. No wonder I'm getting overheated.


No comments:

Post a Comment