Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday

Better sleep last night, I'm happy to say. I went to some lengths to ensure that. I stayed away from the TV and took a bath with a paper book last night, with Epsom Salts mixed in. Also some Lavender oil. We also didn't watch HGTV until 10 pm; I'm sure that was part of the issue. And I closed the blinds over the head of the bed to take some light out of the room - not all of it, because we have a lot of windows and the world outside is not very dark around here. In any event, I fell asleep pretty easily - shortly after 9:30, I'd guess - and stayed that way until 3-something, when I got up, went to the bathroom, and fell back asleep, to wake up again around 5. So more than 7 hours, and I feel much more rested.

156.4 this morning. I didn't test ketones last night, so I don't know where I stand with that, but I had a high fat day and am hoping it's starting to build a bit. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • strawberries with clotted cream
  • salami (7 slices)
  • macadamia nuts
  • cheese
  • steak
  • green beans with bacon
  • peanuts
  • cashews
  • 1 row of squares from a TJ's dark chocolate bar
  • 1 tsp honey
The last items are all out of order; I got home, we went to the BFF steakhouse (don't know if I've mentioned it before, but they have great steaks, and really annoying training for their seaters, who are required to make chit chat with everyone they seat), I ate about 10 shelled peanuts while waiting for my food. Once we got home, I was still hungryish, so I had some cheese, a row of the TJ's dark chocolate bar, and some cashews (the last, to have something to put rhythmically into my mouth that crunched). Looking at the list, I got dairy fat, macadamia nut fat and fiber, salami fat and protein, strawberry and green bean plant matter, dark chocolate carbs and fat, and whatever is in peanuts and cashews. And the honey to aid in sleep.

No exercise at all yesterday; I even sat the whole day instead of standing any. I guess I climbed the stairs in the morning, but nothing after that. I was tired.

Still not a lot of benefit from the menopause stuff that I can see; I'm trying to give it time. I realized after a bit of searching yesterday, that the progesterone cream is what is referred to by the term "bio-identical hormones", which is interesting. That being the case, it may also help with fat loss. Maybe. I know if I can get into strong ketosis, I can lose weight, and I think that's what I need to rely on right now. With the hormones there to keep me from sweating at inconvenient times.

I have plans for this weekend that include a lot of outdoor time. I sure hope I am rested and energetic tomorrow and Sunday, so I can carry them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment