Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday

Sleep continues elusive; I ordered the menopause stuff with the soy in it. Giving up? Maybe. All I know is that sleep is important, and maybe adding soy will help. I did a bunch of things to try to improve it last night: more sweets in the evening (a real hardship, that), added magnesium at bedtime, put magnesium oil all over my legs, which had been cramping up all evening, and took a 10 mg melatonin on top of the honey. I did get to sleep, but not very easily; the magnesium oil got into a couple of small cuts on my legs and created quite the distracting sting. Once asleep, though, I did sleep until 3:10 am, and then spent from then until 5:30 in a fitful state with a lot of iPod stuff and blanket shuffling. I think sleep happened, but it wasn't restful.

156.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • strawberries
  • salad with chicken, cheese, and blue cheese dressing
  • a vending bag of M&Ms (not in an effort to aid sleep; I was bored)
  • shepherd's pie, very heavy on the potatoes (and very tasty)
  • two handfuls of chocolate blueberries (I'd guess a total of 16-20)
  • 1 tsp honey
I am attempting to do a set of squats using a chair each day, to improve strength in my legs. Did 10 over the weekend (maybe Saturday), and again yesterday, and will repeat today at some point.

I don't think the additional carbs helped my sleep at all, so I will be striving to avoid them today. I brought some macadamias to work to avoid the machines (I'm also protected by a lack of small change today, I think). I'm also donating blood, which may help by shedding any excess iron.

No idea why my legs went into spasms last night, given that I always associated that with a VLC eating pattern, and yesterday was not that, in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment