Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday

Sleep was, not exactly elusive, but sub-par, last night. Elusive might also describe it in part; it took me an hour (starting at 10, worse yet) to get to sleep, and I woke up shortly after 4, after a night spent dealing with being the wrong temperature. So yeah, the menopause stuff is working just spiffy.

And I'm consequently brain-dead this morning. I think I ordered a pair of shoes just now, but didn't get a confirmation email yet and can't figure out if I did the final confirmation step or not. If not, I apparently became a zombie just after entering my credit card number. I'm probably going to have to check my bank account to see if it hit or not as the only way to figure it out.

Gonna be a long day.

On the weight and nutrition side of the world, I'm at 156.6 this morning, and definitely noticing that I've gained waist and hip weight lately - my pants are getting shorter as the waistband rises over a wider butt. Not what I want to have happen, obviously. However, I did have a good day for some exercise yesterday - didn't quite hit goal on the Nike fuel band, but came within 200 points, and got 20 squats in. I also took the stairs (up) twice, and walked around the building a couple of times at lunch.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • strawberries
  • the usual supplements
  • salad with ham and a vinaigrette dressing
  • cheese (shredded at lunch, chunks - at max 2 - later)
  • taco salad with ground beef, sour cream, cheese, and salsa
  • 1 row of a TJ's dark chocolate bar - maybe 73%?
  • 1 tsp honey
The honey did not do its job at all last night, and I would really love to know what was different between the weekend, when we could hardly stay awake past 8, and the week, when I'm still wide awake at 11 wondering what's going on. More outside time? A darker room in general? Both true, but we weren't necessarily in the room before getting crazy sleepy. And we watched TV in bed, so there was blue light there - and in the LED reading lamp I used to read a bit before passing out.

Phew - just got the shoe order email. I did order them. That was going to be an interesting hunt otherwise.

I supplemented my strawberries at breakfast today with a spoonful of clotted cream - figured that was a good way to add cultured dairy fat to the day. Tasty. I have salami and macadamias for the day - I'm working my way back into ketosis, with the intent of getting and staying at a "Heavy" level for a while, then letting it slide back to "Moderate" or "Small" as the usual level. Swearing off sugar, except for the honey, yet again. I hope, if nothing else, the menopause stuff helps level off any carb cravings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment