Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday

155.4 this morning. Mexican for dinner last night - need I say more? Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • Kefir
  • chips and salsa
  • 3 stacked cheese enchiladas with green chile
  • chocolate blueberries - about 8-10, I think
  • 1 tsp honey
A little low on protein, looks like. I just read J Stanton's AHS 2012 Presentation, which goes into detail about why it might be that we gorge ourselves on nutritionally bereft crap, and the gist is that our bodies are seeking to ensure that we have the nutrients we need to function and will be "hungry" in search of them until we provide the necessary. I believe he cites a study in which mice fed a human-equivalent diet with and without nutritional supplements were then offered sugar water, and the mice without the supplementation consumed significantly more of the sugar water.  The argument really appeals to my commonsense side. 

Anyway, I think I might be low on protein in my general eating, and will be working to get a bit more. Also being more fervent about taking my basic vitamins.

Sleep was adequate last night but in order to get to that point, I had to do 2 Advil PMs. Not ideal, but it worked. I'm still fighting residual grogginess, though. Lee's coughing is starting to settle down a bit, too, which undoubtedly helped. I haven't done Sleep Cycle lately, so I can't say how this might have compared with true "good sleep" - should have done it, I guess.

I did get out and walk around the building a couple of times mid-day. Felt pretty good. I think I will do it again today - maybe shoot for 3 or 4 circuits. I need to do something, I know that. Winter is just difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment