Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday

We had a good vacation - very restful, got some sun, and it was warm. And I ate a lot of things I shouldn't have. 157.8 this morning, and it's on my hips. I'm wearing a skirt that fit nicely a few months ago, and it's tight now. Not good.

I slept pretty well last night, and have started with some menopause supplements in pill (phyto-estrogens) and cream (progesterone) form; I am really hoping they help, because I'm fairly sure that some of my bad eating is stress-driven, and these temperature fluctuations are very stressful. On vacation, I had some hot flashes, but the thing that was killing me was that I'd start being cold at my core around 5 am, and I could not get warm. It was awful. Anyway, the supplements were waiting for me at home yesterday, and I started both yesterday. Crossing my fingers that these do something.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • omelet with ham, cheese, tomatoes
  • bacon
  • pork rinds
  • pulled pork with BBQ sauce (not terribly sweet)
  • cole slaw
  • a giant York peppermint patty
  • chicken breast meat
  • a small serving of potato salad
  • chocolate blueberries (about 10)
  • cheese (2 pieces)
  • cashews (ad libitum, which I shouldn't have even started)
  • 1 tsp honey
Back to being good starting today - I have salami and macadamias with me. And I'm going to propose walking to the gym and back with a bit of lifting in the middle. And I'm back to taking the stairs and trying to walk mid-day. I hope some of it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment