Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday

156.6 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • a few bites of hash browns
  • possibly nothing more until dinner???
  • summer sausage with nasty sweet mustard
  • olives
  • pork roast
  • fruit salad
  • baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, green onions
  • asparagus
  • peach cobbler with a non-flour topping involving sugar
  • ice cream (so called - blue bunny or blue bell, which is mostly foodlike substances)
  • two glasses of Riesling
  • 1 tsp honey
I spent much of the day sewing, hence the lack of snacks. I need to pay attention to this correlation and work harder to keep my hands busy during the evening. I know snacking is a boredom thing with me, so some other occupation would block it out.

All told, not an awful eating day for me - better than Friday or Saturday, during both of which I consumed peanuts mindlessly. The baked potato and fruit and dessert were not great, but they're all identifiable real food, more or less.

I have a salad with me for lunch - trying to eat my way through a bunch of lettuce before we leave for Phoenix on Wednesday, and we will have something real for dinner - including more salad.

The sauerkraut I'm making seems to be working - it's starting to produce the proper scent, and I don't see any weird mold on the surface and nothing has turned brown this time. 

Sleep is crap right now - hot flashes. My sister has pointed me toward a supplement that she swears by. That contains soy. I am thinking it over, because I tend to think maybe sleep is more important than avoiding plant-based phytoestrogens right now. Maybe. It's not like I'm thinking clearly at the moment, either.

Got a walk in on Friday; it snowed Saturday, and I spent yesterday sewing, although we did hit the mall briefly, leading to 1 "won" hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment