Wednesday, March 26, 2014


I ate pretty clean yesterday, and shed a pound of water - 156.8 this morning. Still not good enough; I will be continuing to work on it. I think I've really slipped a lot from how I ate originally, and I need to get things under control again - in addition to the weight gain, I've had a lot of aches and pains lately, which says "inflammation" to me, certainly. I know I don't watch for Omega-6 consumption at all these days - I eat a lot of commercially created "vegetable oil" in restaurants and other dishes, which certainly doesn't help. 

I'm a little worried, because Lee has started doing the dinner prep, since he's been home a lot lately, and while he's theoretically all in for Paleo, he truly sees nothing wrong with "Dinner in a Box" and a larger reliance on things that aren't ingredients, which increases commercially manufactured food-like substances in our eating. Not to mention that I rather like to cook, and won't be able to, much, for a while. I think I will have to resort to ostentatious ingredient-list reading in his presence as a subtle hint.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (plus the new menopause one)
  • salami - 8 slices
  • macadamias - 1 handful
  • two ground beef patties (I'm assuming not grassfed)
  • zucchini noodles with sour cream, butter, parmesan
  • 4 chocolate blueberries
  • 1 tsp honey
A much better day's eating than Monday, for sure. Today I've had strawberries and tea so far, and will be having a salad with stuff in it for lunch.

I didn't get much exercise yesterday, although I did get the snap peas into the garden, finally. Tonight I need to fix the drip hose with the big hole in it, and maybe go ahead and hook it up with a timer, to start watering them. I'm debating on that, because it could still freeze and burst things, which I don't want, but without water, they probably won't germinate. Guess I could start just watering them by hand - and that would provide a bit of fresh air each evening.

Sleep was reasonably good - I think I woke up at 2:30 for a short period but went right back to sleep. I was sleepy this morning, though - probably the combo of a 3-day stint at Mountain Standard Time in Arizona and the alarm hitting at the wrong phase in my sleep cycle.

Hot flashes have not stopped yet. My sister said that she took 3 days or so for things to start improving; the bottle of capsules indicates it could be 4 weeks. I'm not that patient, and don't feel much like paying money and taking pills for nothing to happen, so I will probably give it something closer to 2 weeks to show a sign of working, and if it doesn't, I will go back to suffering without its help.

No comments:

Post a Comment