Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday

So we had Mexican last night.  Can I blame my parents' kitchen remodel?  I think I'll try.  They can't eat at their house, and my mom was on an ulcer regimen for about 2 months and it just ended, meaning she can break her drought of things-with-chiles.  They have been to this one Mexican place 4 times since she was given permission to eat there again, and I think we've been with them on 2 of those trips, there by ourselves a third and maybe 4th time in the recent past.  They have amazing good green chile - southern New Mexico style, all green.  All well and good, but NOT Paleo - I'm quite sure it's roux-based.

Last night, we all went again.  Unfortunately, we got there a good half hour before they did, and spent it eating chips and salsa, and (for me, at least) drinking a margarita.  Bad move - or something was (the main course was pork fajita meat covered with pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, and green chile - and is a particularly delicious way to keep it semi-paleo-ish).  I got home and found myself exhausted-feeling, weak, with a lot of lower intestinal activity, and freezing - had to take a bath to get warm, and after that, I just wanted to fall asleep.  I assume it was something I ate or drank.  143.3 this morning, as well.  Meh.

Here's the entire day's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • turkey sausage
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheddar cheese
  • chocolate bar (1/4 of a fund-raising bar)
  • chips
  • salsa
  • small margarita
  • pork
  • pico de gallo
  • guacamole
  • sour cream
  • green chile
  • dark chocolate
Long list, but really not that much food.  Back to normal today, and, I hope, eating at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment