Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday

We ate well enough over the weekend, I think, although Saturday did include a Mexican dinner, and we ended up getting a second basket of chips.  Oops.  Something to work on, I guess - I recall that, when we started this way of eating, we could skip the chips entirely.  Better choices yesterday - as a result I'm at 145.2 this morning.  Here's the breakdown:

Bacon
Paleo banana bread (from Make It Paleo)
Cheese
Ham
Salami
A few potato chips
Dark chocolate
Chocolate almonds
Salad
Dijon vinaigrette
Meat loaf

I think that was it.  Now for a challenge.  I'm in the airport awaiting my flight for a 2-day conference for work, at which both breakfast and lunch will be provided.  Obviously, I will be fasting some of it, though I'm not sure what.  I packed hazel nuts and a Lindt 85% bar, as emergency rations.  At a minimum, it should provoke some interesting conversations with the other 7 people attending from work.  

--
"Comforts that were rare among our forefathers are now multiplied in factories and handed out wholesale; and indeed, nobody nowadays, so long as he is content to go without air, space, quiet, decency and good manners, need be without anything whatever that he wants; or at least a reasonably cheap imitation of it." -- G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment